Contact us on East Grinstead: 01342 313373 or Rochester 01634 710105 · BOOK AN APPOINTMENT

Patient Complaints Procedure

It is our aim to always have satisfied patients, to meet your expectations of care and service and to resolve any complaints as efficiently, effectively and politely as possible. We take complaints very seriously, we investigate them in a full and fair way and take great care to protect your confidentiality.

If you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our care or service, please let us know as soon as possible to allow us to address your concerns promptly. We will never discriminate against patients who have made a complaint.

For both of our practices, you can ask to speak to Carlie Evans, Group Manager (in person or by phone) or you can address your concerns in writing either by emailing (East Grinstead Patients) or (Rochester Patients) or write to the practice address below.

If we cannot resolve your complaint immediately it will be acknowledged in writing within 3 working days and we aim to provide a full response within 10 working days.

We will keep comprehensive and confidential records of your complaint, which will be stored securely. Only those persons who need to know about your complaint are informed about it and can access it.

Should the complaint need to be investigated, this may involve the person who treated you, members of the team or others. In some cases the investigation may take longer than 10 working days, in which case you will be informed about the reason for the delay, the progress of the investigation and the proposed date it will be completed.

When the investigation has been completed, you will be informed of its outcome in writing and invited to a meeting to discuss the results and any practical solutions that we can offer to you.

We regularly analyse patient complaints to learn from them and to improve our services. That’s why we always welcome your feedback, comments, suggestions and complaints. If you are dissatisfied with our response to a complaint you can take it further, please see the contacts below.


For NHS treatment you can make a complaint to the commissioner of NHS Services. For Dental treatment, it is NHS England. They can be contacted on

Tel: 0300 311 22 33 or via email:

If you are still unhappy with the way in which your formal complaint was handled (either by the dental practice or NHS England, if you chose to go to them) you can go to The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. They can be contacted on

Tel: 0345 015 4033

For Private Treatment

For private Dental treatment you can contact the Dental Complaints Services by calling 020 8253 0800 or email them on

The DCS can deal with your complaint if you would like an apology, a refund or a contribution to the cost of further treatment. They cannot deal with claims for compensation, or with complaints about dental plans.

If your private treatment was through a dental plan, you should contact your plan provider as they will have a complaints process. 

For Safety Concerns about a Dentist or Practice

You can contact The General Dental Council (GDC) by visiting their website

Or you can contact the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on
Tel: 03000 616161

For Patient Help and Advice on How to Complain

If you would like support to make a complaint, you can get help from an NHS Complaints Advocate.
Contact the local health watch to find out who provides Independent Health Complaints Advocacy in your local area.

Citizens Advice Bureau



Queen Victoria Hospital
Holtye Road
East Grinstead
West Sussex
RH19 3DZ

Tel: 01342 414355

The British Dental Health Foundation Helpline can also be contacted on 01788 539780 for help and advice.